Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Plumbing and heating, picking stuff out, and a setback...

Sorry, no pics today!

I have been slaving away on the plumbing and heating for the last few days, today I got as far as I could go on the drain,waste, and vent system without having the trusses on yet. The framers are working on another project right now while we wait for the trusses to get finished. A little bit of a miscommunication between myself and the framer, I left it up to him to order the trusses, and he did not order them soon enough have them ready when we needed them. I am kind of suspicious that he purposely didn't order them so that he would have time to go and work on another project. Oh well, it is not slowing down the mechanical rough in yet.

Angie has been busy fine tuning the kitchen cabinet layout, colors, flooring, etc..., as well as making runs to Home Depot and Lowe's for me. She is also managing to keep the house clean and taking time for the kids as well. Jace, my oldest son has been coming over and helping me out, I also had him help out the framers when they were here. He is proving to be a good worker and I am glad to have him help out.

A major dissappointment as of late on the project, is the entry way. I designed it, and it looked good on paper, but now that it is place it is not looking the way that I had hoped. We have a pretty good amount of money into it, but I do not want to put anymore into it only to to finish and be dissappointed, so we have decided to start over. Starting over will involve myself, a jackhammer, a masonry saw, a dust mask, a rotohammer, a piece of equipment to lift the concrete pieces, and a dump truck to haul them off. No sweat!!! Well maybe a little sweat!!

I will be sure to get some up to date pics soon.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment